ir. Daan Zandbelt - architect / urbanist
Daan Zandbelt (1975) is architect and urban designer. Daan Zandbelt graduated on the spatial implications of an open immigration policy. His project sketches a vision on an internationally competitive Randstad in which top positions and low-wage labor both are bare necessities. An international comparison between successful metropolitan areas results in a number of crucial interventions in urbanism and architecture. One of these is elaborated into an architectonic design: a residential hotel for immigrants at the Maashaven in Rotterdam. A condensation point of housing and services, a city within a city.
Within Zandbelt&vandenBerg, Daan was in charge of the next projects (selection):
- TU Delft Campus Vision 2030
- Mid-size Utopia, research by design on a regional scale
- Urban plan Coolhaven City Campus
- Renovation Witte de With and Tent., Rotterdam
- Stadland atelier, within Randstad 2040
- Villa in the dunes, Hoek van Holland
- Concept vision Almere 2.0
- Business park strategy Drechtsteden
- Urban concept KennisAs, Rotterdam
- Exhibition ‘The New Dutch City’, 3rd IABR
Next to his work at Zandbelt&vandenBerg, Daan Zandbelt is lecturer at the Chair of Metropolitan and Regional Design at the Faculty of Architecture,TU Delft. He is responsible, among others, for coordinating the international postgraduate program ‘European Masters of Urbanism’.